Thursday, November 25, 2010

New Friends & Ideas

Most of the people I played with were from the USA. Not alot of us crazy canucks were out there playing EVONY. We were a different breed I guess. I knew of people from the UK, Australia, Holland, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Russia, Iceland and Thailand.

Along the way of gaming, I got to know some truly remarkable people. My first server, I had my "teachers", who helped me bumble my way through the way of building and researching. Hardcore dedicated gamers, their mathematical minds fascinated me. They understood the game without sounding like know-it-alls. I'm pretty sure they dreamed in algebraic algorithms and trigonometric forms of complex numbers. Either way, I was gonna need my wheaties if I wanted to even begin to keep up with them. That and a couple of pots of coffee couldn't hurt.

By the second server, I thought I had the knowledge to start anew. WOW, was I wrong. There were still players out there that could kick my ass. But I struggled on. I still had my teachers with me (I had followed them to another server). I was invited into a new alliance with new people and new ideas. I learned more and met more people, and a few became fast friends.

Like junkie's looking for a fix, we were always looking for the next war. One of us got the brilliant idea of a "porting" alliance. We all had 2 cities and a bunch of teleports (Meaning we could jump around all over the map) attacking and then get the hell out before it got too hot. We kept one state our "home" state, and off we went, wreaking havoc and destruction to anyone within a 20mile radius. When we had our fill of fun, we'd port "home". It definitely kept it interesting... BUT it didn't make us any friends! After awhile, the players got wise to us and we were under constant attack. (If you ever want to build one of those huge heros fast - piss off the whole server)

This got a bit old, being under attack 24/7, some were quitting, they realized how time sucking this game was (I hadn't reached this point yet) and some guys started using computer programs to feed their large troop numbers - we called this botting, and highly illegal by EVONY standards. Alot of my buddies were getting knocked off and banned. My guys were leaving me behind. It was time to move on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment