Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The IQ Test

Unfortunately, there is no IQ test to play EVONY. Sometimes, I wish there was. I would like to think it would weed out some of the truly ignorant and classless people I have seen. But then being an asshole isn't limited to people with lower IQ's. I have known some very genuine and sincere "stupid" people. I don't think of them as being "stupid" or having a lower IQ, I think of them as a friend (Just a little slower at catching on to some of the things being said). And who am I say I'm not a "stupid" person as well. We all like to think we are smarter than the average monkey. And how many people do you know thinks of themselves as stupid?

EVONY is a breeding ground for the many, many, many dysfunctional people out there in the world. Including the bullies we meet everywhere. What had been a fun game, had now turned into a worldwide version of the schoolyard and you were either the one getting picked on, or the one kicking the kid when he was down. This meant get BIG quick or get stomped. Some took great joy in wiping out the so-called enemy over and over again which made it extremely difficult to build up. Some of these people got smart and quit. The more stubborn ones (myself included) rebuilt. I learned to hide troops and resources and slowly got bigger. Only to go out and have fun one night and got wiped out again!

I had finally had enough of my host and bailed to a bigger alliance. What really pissed him off was I took half of the alliance with me. I didn't do it on purpose and the ones I left behind there I missed chatting with, but I was moving up in the world of EVONY and I wanted to move on to bigger and better things. And being away from him was definitely better. We had some spectacular verbal fights. We got asked a couple of times if we were married (thats how bad it got). He didn't like having such a dominant woman not under his control. And I didn't like being told what to do. We were both control freaks, he liked controlling his "Harem" as he liked to call all the girls... and I loved defying everything he tried to do or say. I took great pleasure in this. Remember, I said EVONY was a breeding ground for the dysfunctional - I never claimed I wasn't nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment