Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Breaking Point

Now as time went on, I began to spend more and more time playing... and less and less time listening to the brain dead, useless, piece of shit I called a boyfriend. EVONY gave me the perfect place to hide my head in the sand.

I must say, if it wasn't for EVONY I'd probably still be treated like garbage by the walking trashcan himself. Many props go out to the ones that helped me out one fateful night when the drunken, drug-addled prick used me as a punching bag and broke my phones and threatened me and my kids. They went above and beyond to help me out and had the police here in no time at all. (Once they got the 911 system figured out between the USA, Holland and Canada) Trust me... its not as easy as it sounds.

Thank God for small mercies, he was too stupid to realize what I was doing when I parked my ass down in front of the computer. He thought he'd won again, and I would do what I was told. The look on his face when the cops walked in and cuffed him, almost made some of those bruises worth it. The police questioned me on how I had gotten ahold of them, when they could clearly see my house phone and cell phone busted into pieces. They were slightly baffled that I was able to get help across a world wide online game. Obviously they have never seen a gamer before. We have ways of reaching out to people half the world away, but not know our neighbors.

Now I've read some of these EVONY widows support groups (and how angry they were at the gamer), but not one of them really applied to me and the boyfriend. Our relationship was in direct proportion to my relationship with EVONY. The more I watched him drink and do drugs and try and control me, the more I sank into the world of EVONY. Not everything is the fault of the gamer... take some of the blame, if your the spouse. Why are they falling into the online world in the first place? Same goes if your a friend. Find out why they are doing it. Many players I've found are sick (terminal illnesses) or bored, or out-of-work. Sometimes its depression. Don't toss the blame entirely on the the gamer. Some of the gamers out there are masking full blown depression and they have no idea how to get out of it except to hide in the online world of EVONY because it makes them feel more whole as a person.

I know this because I was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment