Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Beginning of the End

As a chronic insomniac, the world of EVONY was perfect for me. I worked such odd hours being the manager of a bar that when I got home I could NEVER go to sleep right away. I don't know of many people that as soon as they come home from work that can go straight to bed. I don't care if you come home at 4pm or 4am... you are NOT gonna fall into bed and go straight to sleep. What made it increasingly worse, my boyfriend thought I was wasting time not sleeping, by sitting up reading or playing sudoku or even making chili. EVONY gave me a release to unwind after closing the bar.

Its a number based game with differing levels of attack and defence ratios... wall defences coupled with your troops and all the various numbers they incorporated and all of it offset by the level of your hero... my head would swirl with numbers. I was like a kid in a candy store. I loved math. It made perfect sense to me. It was logical and orderly and fell right into my mildly OCD tendencies. (I say mildly, cause I'm still in a bit of denial, so humor me)

Quite often you'll find on these OnLine games, there's an awful lot of cybering (sexchat). THAT wasn't my style. It just didn't float my boat, I was a flirt and a tease, but I refused to deliver the goods. I tried it once. When I felt my IQ dropping, I pretended I lost the connection. It just seemed rather silly. I didn't play EVONY for this.

When I first started out 2yrs ago, I didn't take it very seriously. I would login, play a bit (completely clueless to the "higher understanding" of it all) which meant build up my buildings and resource fields and train troops and do some research. Then came a minor breakthrough... I was invited into an alliance. It was the beginning of the end.

At first, I was very quiet. I followed along reading the alliance chat and the different people that played. I slowly got to "see" them and their personalities. As a bartender, I was used to seeing people and interacting with them everyday. It was a part of my shtick to flirt and/or harrass the customers. Usually a bit of both was involved and I tend to harrass more than flirt with the guys that came in. I never understood why they liked the abuse more... but hey, who am I to judge. I just kept doling it out. Alliance chat was the perfect place for me to have an audience.

As I became more knowledgable and vocal, the more and more I got sucked into the life of EVONY. I now started playing a bit more. An hour in the morning. And hour before I went to work at night. A couple of hours when I got home from work. And still I hadn't reached the breaking point yet. I was still my own person and did my own thing. Or so I thought.

1 comment:

  1. ANG, I would have to agree with all your blogs. Being a student of human interaction and a writer Evony fascinates me in a way I do not yet understand... I last five months but needed fodder for a new book and chose to come back thanks for your help.... To Evony I go.....I almost have enough for my next book... Take Care Shegorath S33

    ReplyDelete